Senior IT Project Manager DescriptionJob #: 51213
In 2015 EPAM opened the Czech Republic IT delivery center in Prague, in the iconic City Tower in Pankrac. Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, is a growing source of innovation due to the increasing demand for software solutions and services in Central Europe. This new location will enable EPAM to more closely collaborate with clients in the region.
We have made many important decisions to align EPAM to the new global operating environment, including taking significant steps to ensure the safety and well-being of more than 36,700+ EPAMers, and to continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world. As result, the vast majority of EPAM's teams are working from home.
No less important is the safety, well-being, and experience of our applicants. Therefore, until further notice, all EPAM employment interviews will be conducted remotely. Our recruitment professionals and hiring managers are standing by to ensure a robust and engaging virtual candidate experience; we look forward to speaking with you.
Currently, we are looking for a Project Manager to our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
Our customer is the largest Dutch supermarket chain, founded in 1887 in Netherlands.
- Establish long-term partnerships with the clients and manage their expectations
- Take end-to-end responsibility over the delivery
- Build the delivery plan along with estimations on timeframes, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts
- Establish criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs
- Assure governance of processes in delivery management and production as per selected delivery model
- Generate visible added value that company delivers to the client by suggestion of innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements and better user experiences
- For the top management and the client - act as a single point of responsibility over any delivery related matters, including escalations, upsells, ramp-downs, etc
- Perform knowledge management within the organization, define skills/technologies to be learned and request respective trainings
- Perform motivation actions and coach/verify how the same is performed by managers and team leaders from your organization
- Conduct performance appraisals and manage salaries within the organization in order to meet attrition and profitability goals
- Ensure that proper software development processes and engineering standards are in place
- Experience in managing software delivery organizations
- Experience in people management and growing the organization
- Experience in IT project management, including management of several projects in parallel
- Excellent knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Prior experience with hands-on software development and good understanding of software engineering practices
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in client relationship management and ability to manage, direct and command respect from technical and delivery team members
- Ability to engage with the client in technology discussions
- Previous experience in working within outsourcing environment and managing offshore delivery organizations is highly desirable
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- Opportunity to work on leading edge FinTech platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Comfortable modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Czech and English language courses
- Start ASAP/negotiable
- Relocation assistance including the coverage of the relocation costs (if needed)
- Rotation program - possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects within 25 countries
- Referral bonuses for recommended candidates