Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are searching for self-motivated, technically strong Senior Java Software Engineer who could work independently and communicate well with client to join the team engineering the platform for our client.
Company is one of the largest insurance company with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. It provides customers with a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management.
The project at hand is a redesign and enhancement of Financial Forecasting Process, and this part of the project will focus on the design and creation of a new calculation engine to be leveraged in that forecasting system. This will need to be a very high-performance engine, leveraging in-memory scalability and clustering.
- Participate in day to day activities involving design discussions with lead, development, test support, deployment
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Multiple years of proven experience delivering larger scale applications with Java as the primary skill set
- Practical experience with Java 8 and be comfortable with all new features
- Back-end development experience using Spring or similar framework
- Experience with in-memory calculations, distributed application processing (ie Apache Ignite, Apache Spark or similar) would be a great plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional projects working with geo-diverse teams
- Experience in handling software releases from development, integration, testing, to production
- Experience with SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Experience developing and implementing systems using enterprise integration patterns would also be desirable as our system will have multiple upstream, peer and downstream components to integrate with
- SQL knowledge about various types of joins, working on a workflow platform will likely be a hindrance
- Skills needed on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best): Java 6+; SQL 4+ (this means knowledge of SQL constructs, joins, indices, triggers and stored procedure but no need for advanced skills)
- Hands-on experience with open source BPM software (preferably JBPM) would be a huge plus
- Intermediate or higher English level (B1+)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Sick leave and regular vacation
- Partial coverage of costs for certification and IT conferences
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours