Test Engineer with SQL & UNIX knowledge DescriptionJob #: 50438
As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies and in 2020, Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
EPAM Systems seeks IT Professionals to join a cross-functional and self-organized team for a world-leading investment bank. As a part of a team, you will work on your application, taking responsibilities of communication, development, testing and delivering it to the client. The team uses agile development practices (Scrum, CI, Automated Test Execution).
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM.
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
- Test analysis, test case design and test execution; expand the coverage of new and existing functionalities. (Manual test and Automated test area)
- Develop, implement, optimize and analyze existing SQL queries
- Proactively share knowledge and expertise with client stakeholders
- Keep an eye on possible innovations
- Work closely with the Product Owners, Business Analysts and other Stakeholders to analyze stories and identify TC for automation
- Conduct exploratory testing alongside developers within sprints to ensure the highest quality standards
- Strong knowledge of SQL. Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of UNIX / Linux (solid practical experience)
- Hands-on manual and automation testing experience
- Test management skills (report creation, planning, meeting with IT and Business)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good English communication skills and attitude in teamwork
- Experience, interest, and adaptability to working in Agile SDLC
Nice to have
- ISTQB exam
- Experience with CI (Jenkins)
- Finance background
- Knowledge of TDD/BDD frameworks (Cucumber, JBehave)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Please note that any offers will be subject to appropriate background checks
- We do not accept CVs from recruiting or staffing agencies
- Due to the Swiss labour legislation we can only accept applicants who have a valid right to work in Switzerland